Thursday, April 21, 2011

Time Flies

It's been 10 years since my sister died. Yesterday, April 10th, as I have done for 10 years, I along with my sister Abby, released balloons in memory of. What a beautiful day it was too. The wind was gentle so the balloon just took to the sky like it knew it's destination. I have often wondered over the last 10 years where the balloons make their landing, or do they land? Do they bust in the atmosphere? Do they land on a telephone wire or in someone's back yard? If so, is some stranger reading the messages written on the balloons? I hope someone finds them and reads the messages and wonders who this Amy person is. They would know how loved she was. Wouldn't it be amazing if my balloon being launced from Texas actually caught up with Abby's being launched from Virginia? Now that would be something! Silly right? I think about Amy being in Heaven and wonder if she can see that every year on the anniversary of her death we remember her this way? I can only hope that she is at peace in Heaven and all of her pain is no more.

Time flies and nothing is for certain except change. God is awesome, people are crazy and if you find true love - hold onto it. Don't ever let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment